Search This Blog

Saturday, June 2, 2018

Who Are You and Why Should I Care What You Think About Books?

Hello!

Welcome to my book blog, Bibliophile with a Blog. My blog is a simple one: I’ll be reviewing the books I read so that I can give anyone who’s interested some idea of whether or not a book is for them. For the record, while there are some books I’ll recommend, the purpose of this blog will never be to discourage anyone from reading any book because, let’s face it, some of the most poorly reviewed books on this blog will probably be your favorites and some books I love will be ones you find boring/crazy/ridiculous.

Why Read My Blog?

The thing that I think is good about my blog is I read a lot, so I’m pretty good at knowing why a book works for me and why it doesn’t. I will be specific, straightforward, and, hopefully, conversational in tone. Hopefully that style will make it easy for you to read my review and use it to determine if a book is for you.

Something else that I think makes me a great reviewer is that I'm practically a book matchmaker. It almost never happens that I recommend a book to someone and they don't like it (although it happens all the time that I recommend a book and can't get the person to try it!). While I can't individually match person to book in a digital setting, I'm going to be playing with a "if you like X, you'll probably like Y" approach as of March 2019. Maybe that will make it easier for my readers to decide if a certain book is for them. 

What Kind of Books will I Review?

Anything I read is fair game. That means I will review some contemporary books (like Calypso, which is on its way to me through the mail) and some books that are much older. I read many genres, however it is unlikely you’ll ever find a review of a romance novel on here. I’m not against romance, I’m just not interested in it as a book genre.

So, without anymore words on this post, please read and enjoy! Thanks for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment